Terms and conditions
www.sri.ro is the official website of the Romanian Intelligence Service (hereafter called “SRI”). Its main purpose is to ensure greater transparency and a better understanding of SRI activities.
By accessing and using www.sri.ro (hereafter called the “Site”) you agree to the following terms and conditions.
The terms and conditions can be changed at any moment by the website administrator (hereafter called the “Administrator”), without previous notifications to its users.
When using the services provided by this Site, the users will have permanent access to the terms and conditions, available for consultation at any moment.
By accessing and browsing this Site, the users implicitly agree to be bound by the terms and conditions described hereinafter.
If the users do not agree to the terms and conditions, they must stop using the services provided by this Site.
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
The www.sri.ro sections allow users to gain access to information, legislative acts, and news regarding the activity of the institution.
SRI maintains this Site to ensure unrestricted access to information of public interest with regard to SRI, as stipulated by the Law 544/2001. Its Administrator will ensure that information is accurate and timely. The Administrator will attempt to fix any errors as soon as possible.
The information provided:
- is of public interest only;
- is not necessarily complete or updated, given the SRI requirement to protect classified information;
- provides links to other websites SRI does not manage and for which SRI assumes no reasonability. SRI disclaims any responsibility if the information provided on these websites:
- is inaccurate, incomplete or misleading;
- does not provide adequate security;
- contains viruses or disruptive content.
A document hosted on this Site does not necessarily reproduce the content of an official document.
Only the documents and legislative acts issued by the competent institutions are considered authentic.
The Administrator disclaims any responsibility if some information is delayed, lost or deleted or cannot be hosted on our servers, for whatever reasons.
Although we endeavour to ensure permanent access to this Site, routine maintenance is required. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that the Site will always be accessed in a swift and fully functional manner.
The disclaimer does not affect the obligation of SRI to observe the law and cannot elude the legal requirements in place.
The Administrator hereby declares he/she will:
- make all reasonable efforts to ensure the Site’s purpose;
- make all efforts (technical or otherwise) to ensure the Site’s functionality;
- as new situations arise, the Administrator is at liberty, if necessary, to modify these terms and conditions.
The users hereby accept the following conditions:
- They will not publish, send or disseminate on the site information of damaging, obscene, slanderous or illegal nature;
- They will not use this Site to infringe upon the rights of other Sites;
- They will, under no means, use any software program or device to jam the Site or attempt to upload files containing erroneous data or viruses;
- They will, under no means, attempt to gain unauthorised access.
It is forbidden to use this Site for any commercial/business purposes.
The user is solely responsible for any damage caused to the systems or networks from which he/she accesses the Site or for any loss of data resulted from downloading information or services from this Site.
We hereby reserve the right to suspend or forbid access to and use of this Site if the user does not comply with the Terms and Conditions described.
SRI reserves the right to suspend, modify, add or delete any Site sections. Also, SRI reserves the right to restrict user access to certain Site sections or the Site itself.
CONDITIONS OF USE OF INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE
You are allowed to cite, read or print any information on this Site, on the condition you reproduce each and every copyright and property specifications contained by any information on this Site. However, you may not modify, distribute, transmit, revise, publish the content – meaning text, images, videos, sound – of the Site for public or commercial purposed unless expressly authorised by us.
The rights and obligations of the parts set out under the Terms and Conditions, as well as any legal effects bound to the Terms and Conditions, will be governed and interpreted by the Romanian laws in force.